On November 30, 2011, the hour of twilight had finally come for us! Or to put it another way: Patch 4.3 for WoW: Cataclysm was released. And the Azeroth heroes were hot for the new challenges. After all, Patch 4.2 was already five months old. In addition, it had been known for a while that it was now going to be against Deathwing himself.
The contents of Patch 4.3 "Hour of Twilight
In retrospect, Patch 4.3 - at least on paper - is likely to go down as one of the most packed content patches in WoW history. But not all of the content and new features were taken in stride. Here are the highlight features of "Hour of Twilight":
10:28World of Warcraft Patch 4.3 - Hour of Twilight
- New Raid: Dragon Soul: In the final raid of Cataclysm, raids of 10- and 25-players had the opportunity to take the battle to the Temple of Wyrmruh and beyond, as well as help Thrall and the Dragon Aspects destroy the Black Dragon Swarm once and for all.
- 3 new Heroic Dungeons: End Times, Well of Eternity, and Hour of Twilight.
- New Boss in Baradin Fortress: Alizabal presents a brand new challenge for groups of 10 and 25 players who have gained control of Tol Barad.
- New Legendary for Rogues: the Catch of the Ancestor (a cool legendary quest line included): Rogue players will travel across continents to perform crucial reconnaissance missions, thefts, infiltrations, and, of course, contract killings. Successful rogues will receive a pair of daggers that will become more powerful the further their bearer pursues the legendary quest line. At the zenith of their strength, they will be imbued with both the malevolent essence of the Old Gods and the insane wrath of the Black Dragonflight - granting great power to the one who wields them.
- New Feature: Transmogrification
- New Feature: Empty Camp
- New Feature: Raid Browser
- New challenges for the Darkmoon Faire
- Heavily adjusted class balancing
The problems of patch 4.3
We've been digging through the comments columns of various buffed news about Patch 4.3 again to back up our own recollections, for example here. The tenor in many comments:
01:32Wow Patch 4.3: The end of the Dragon Soul raid (spoilers!).
- The three new heroic dungeons are a bad joke as far as difficulty is concerned.
- Thanks to the raid browser, the raid challenges are also an unusually disappointing walk (at the time).
- In general, Dragon Soul is a disappointing raid finale after the strong Firelands instance, and the fight against Deathwing (and his back) is just annoying.
- Why does so much of the end-game content in Patch 4.3 actually take place in Northrend realms?
- The class changes have shaken up the strength ratio quite a bit. Of course, the "losers" didn't like it very much - here are some DpS rankings from January 2012.
- The fun quest series for the rogues was of course only available to them. Stupid for everyone else With the class quests of the Order Hall of Legion, the Blizzard developers did it better.
- PvP fans were once again left out in the cold.
The conclusion to patch 4.3
After many players had still grumbled about how difficult the group challenges of Cataclysm turned out to be at the beginning of Cataclysm, the picture had completely turned around with patch 4.3. The dungeons and Dragon's Soul were no longer an issue after a very short time. Other motivating content was only available in niche areas, for rogues and transmog collectors.
05:26WoW Patch 4.3: Transmogrification and Void Camp (PTR)
It didn't help that the new expansion Mists of Pandaria wasn't scheduled to arrive until September 25, 2012, almost ten months after the release of Patch 4.2. It was a bummer for everyone who had purchased the Annual Pass to get Diablo 3 for free
Today, ten years later, we would be completely excited about a patch with three dungeons and a raid, something that hasn't happened for ages! In 2021, Patch 4.3 features like transmogrification and the raid browser will still be a reality. So patch 4.3 was definitely an update with a long-term effect.Support buffed - it only takes a minute. Thanks!
Do you like buffed? Then you can support us as a buffed supporter so that we can continue to offer our content for free in the usual way without introducing a paywall. Support now
Every amount, big or small, is valuable.
We thank you. Advertisement:
Order World of Warcraft now on Amazon
Also read these interesting stories 0
WoW Classic: Road to Ragnaros - Hardcore guild HC Elite victorious The hardcore guild HC Elite was able to defeat the Fire Lord in the Road to Ragnaros in WoW Classic, Season of the Championship. 0
WoW Patch 9.2: Cosmic Flux - here it is, this much you need The new resource from WoW Patch 9.2, Cosmic Flux, has finally arrived on the PTR. We'll tell you where to find it. 3
Is the subscription model for WoW still justified? Fewer and fewer updates per expansion, but more and more microtransactions. Does the subscription model for WoW still have a reason to exist?
to the start page
Jump to comments (17
WoW: Ten years ago, one of the most controversial patches ever appearedImage gallery for "WoW: Ten years ago, one of the most controversial patches ever appeared".