Although WoW patch 9.2 is far from being on the horizon and we can look forward to update 9.1.5 anyway, it feels like patch 9.1 is slowly coming to an end. Korthia is attracting fewer and fewer players each day, the hallways in Torghast are also gradually becoming deserted, and the current raid, Sanctum of Domination, is entering its final life cycle. So we're reaching the period where we can expect regular nerfs to allow stumbling guilds to send one or two more bosses into the dust. Because item upgrades are now gradually becoming rarer and rarer, so Blizzard will have to help out in other ways.
We're already seeing another round of these big nerfs with the launch of the upcoming ID. Namely, a whole bunch of mythic bosses will be toned down there. Among others Sylvanas himself, but also Kel'Thuzad, the Scribe of Fate or our favorite boss, the Suffering Forge.
Here are the meanwhile translated patch notes - the adjustments to the bosses all come into effect with the ID change in the night from Tuesday to Wednesday.
Dungeons and Raids
03:25WoW: Sylvanas' True Face? Shadowlands Cinematic [Spoiler, English.]
- Sanctum of Domination
- Suffering Forge Raznal
- [After Server Restarts] The distance between the gaps of the ground spikes in Stage 2 has been reduced on Mythic difficulty.
- Developer Comment: The distance between safe spots should now be more consistent with this change.
- [After server restarts] Shadow Steel Chains regular damage has been reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
- Fate Scribe Raw Kalo
- [After Server Restarts] Rune locations on Normal and Heroic difficulty have been updated to be more consistent clockwise and slightly less difficult counter-clockwise.
- [After Server Restarts] Players now have more time to realign their destiny: 10 sec in the raid browser, 10 sec on Normal difficulty, and 5 sec on Heroic difficulty.
- [After Server Restarts] Kel'Thuzad's health has been reduced by 5% on Mythic difficulty.
- [After Server Restarts] Kel'Thuzad's Remnant health has been reduced by 20% on Mythic difficulty.
- [After Server Restarts] Unstoppable Monstrosities health has been reduced by 20% on Mythic difficulty.
- [After Server Restarts] Soul Skinner health has been reduced by 20% on Mythic difficulty.
- [After Server Restarts] Initial damage of Frozen Destruction has been reduced by 40% on Mythic difficulty.
- [After Server Restarts] The regular damage of Frozen Destruction has been reduced by 10% and the duration has been reduced to 8 seconds (previously 10 seconds) on Mythic difficulty.
- [After Server Restarts] Fixed a bug where Kel'Thuzad was using abilities during Howling Blizzard on Mythic difficulty.
- [After Server Restarts] Howling Blizzard now deals stackable damage for the duration of channeling on Mythic difficulty.
- Developer comments: "We noticed that when fighting Kel'Thuzad on Mythic difficulty, the community was increasingly dragging out the fight to wait for cooldowns to complete. As a result, we've looked at ways to change the encounter so that this is no longer necessary. Players have complained from the beginning that this gameplay is frustrating and tedious. But we also wanted to be careful not to increase the difficulty of the encounter or introduce other problems that would require guilds to relearn the encounter. We tested several approaches internally, including resetting the cooldowns like we did at the beginning of encounters to simply bypass the wait times (you could already see some of this on the 9.1.5 public test realm). But in testing, it showed that this did a lot more for some specializations than others. We were worried that this would force groups to accumulate these specializations to make things easier for themselves. The changes we finally settled on are designed to make endless time-wasting impossible, but at the same time reduce the difficulty of key elements of the encounter so it's no longer necessary.
- Sylvanas Windrunner
- [After server reboots] Dominion Arrow health has been reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
- [After Server Restarts] Dark Guard health has been reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
- [After Server Restarts] The base duration of Curse of Inertia has been reduced to 4 seconds on Mythic difficulty, down from 6 seconds.
- [After Server Restarts]: Blast damage from Orbs of Decay has been reduced by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
- [After Server Restarts] The radius of Veil of Darkness in Stage 2 has been reduced to 12 meters on Mythic difficulty (down from 15 meters).
- [After Server Restarts] The inescapable damage of Wrath of the Banshee has been reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
- [After Server Restarts] The damage of Ranger's Heartseeker, Banshee's Heartseeker, and Banshee's Blades has been reduced by 8% on Mythic difficulty.
- Fixed a bug where Ruin was not dealing damage.
- The Necrotic Rift
- Surgeon Flesh Suture
- [After server restarts] Fixed a bug where the first Flesh Suture creation was not increasing the stacks of Festering Rot.
- [After Server Restarts] Fixed a bug where two Flesh Seam creations were being summoned in quick succession....
.Support buffed - it will only take a minute. Thank you!
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed for free in the future in the form we are used to.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content for free in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute. Support now
We thank you in advance
Order World of Warcraft now on Amazon
Also read these interesting stories 1
WoW: Deception Rogue DpS Guide (Update for Patch 9.1.5) For WoW Patch 9.1.5 we have updated our guide for the Deception Rogue once again
WoW Patch 9.2: Three new cutscenes from the test server [spoilers!] What can we expect in Zereth Mortis, the new area in Patch 9.2? The first three cutscenes from the WoW test server tell us! [Spoiler! 0
WoW: When dragon Teremus hunts hardcore players in Stormwind When the dragon Teremus suddenly flies through Stormwind in WoW Classic: Season of Mastery and starts hunting down hardcore players .
Is something missing from the article?
to the home page
The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, with which we partially finance the free content of the website.